To view the recipe video please visit our Youtube channel at https://tinyurl.com/youtubeCLA
- 20ml oil
- 2 x medium onions sliced
- 2 x Birdseye chilies chopped
- 500gm chicken thigh or breast diced
- Half a tin of Maesri green chili paste
- 2 x medium carrots diced
- 3 x stalks of celery diced
- 3 x medium potatoes diced
- 1 x re capsicum diced
- 1-cup chicken stock
- 1 x 400ml tin of coconut cream
- 2- cups of rice, washed in cold water.
- Heat oil in fry pan or saucepan and add onions. Sautee onions until clear, add chili, and continue to cook.
- Add chicken and stir until chicken is sealed.
- Add half of the curry paste and continue to stir.
- Place Carrots, celery and potatoes into the pan with chicken stock and coconut cream. C
- Cook until potatoes become soft and curry liquid has reduced.
- Add red capsicum and turn off heat. Using a rice cooker:
- Add rice to rice cooker, add 2cups water and press start. Rice cooker will switch to ‘keep warm’ once cooked. Stand for a further 15 minutes and “fluff” rice.
- Serve rice per recommended portion size and ladle on curry.
- Garnish with coriander. Portion controlled serving size ½ cup cooked white rice or 90grams 120ml ladle for curry.
- Alternatively check out this hyperlink http://healthyweightweek.com.au/portion-sizes/
Note: Make recipe to your own taste and heat tolerance e.g. if you do not like chili, you can just use the red capsicum for colour.