This is a great recipe to use up leftovers – roast meats chopped small, steamed vegies etc. Feel free to add any leftovers to dry mix.
- 125gm ham or bacon chopped
- 1 small onion
- 1 ½ cups (180gm) grated cheese
- 1/3 cup (50gm) self-raising flour
- Salt and pepper to season
- 5 eggs
- 1 ½ cups of milk
- Preheat oven to 200 C
- Combine all dry ingredients and lay out in baking dish evenly (20cmx20cmx5cm).
- Whisk eggs and milk together and poor over mixture in baking dish.
- Bake approximately 40 minutes, till golden brown. Press lightly in middle, if quiche springs back, this indicates it is cooked.
Notes: cooking time may vary oven to oven. Experiment and use other leftover roast meats such as chicken or pork, can also use leftover steamed and roasted vegies… Remember, anything goes!
Check out my recipe video here: