Once a planning meeting with an NDIS Local Coordinator has been arranged, it is important to have someone with you who can help you understand the information and what can be included in your plan. This can be a family member, a friend or someone from CLA.Read More
The NDIS funds supports that are deemed reasonable and necessary. This means for a support to be funded it must be linked to an outcome you have identified in your plan.
Here are some questions you may wish to consider before attending your planning meeting.
- What does your life look like now?
- What is working for you at home?
- What supports are you receiving?
- What additional support do you need to assist you at home and in the community?
- What is your accommodation like?
- What things do you enjoy?
- What activities would you like to try?
- What are your interests or hobbies?
- Are you working or studying?
Once your NDIS plan is approved it will usually be reviewed every 12 months (some plans may be reviewed more often) if your circumstances or needs change you can request for your plan to be reviewed at any time.